The Time Traveler, also known as George, Moses, Alexander Hartdegen, and other names, is a scientist who is the inventor of The Time Machine. He's also a temporal explorer, using his time machine to explore different times and realities.
The Time Traveler's real name was never given in the original novel, and so various adaptations have given him many different names.
Sources that try to maintain continuity with the original novel have given him the following names:
- Moses (last name unknown, The Time Ships)
Alternate versions of the time traveler include:
- George (last name unknown, 1960s film)
- H.G. Wells (Lois & Clark, Time After Time, etc)
- Alexander Hartdegen (2002 film)
- Tom Spender (Time Kid)
In "Time Kid", the character of the Time Traveler is split into two characters: the father, who invents the Time Machine, and the son, Tom Spender, who uses it to visit the future.
- Dr. Radnor (first name unknown, Morlocks)